23 February 2006

Sometimes

it sucks to be an adult.

M has come down with something. It's probably the flu, but I really don't know. He's running a fever and has shoulder pain. B is out of town until Saturday. The boys were supposed to go to the grandparents tomorrow and I was going to go meet B. Not now, I'm afraid. We're out the money for the banquet (bye-bye money, it was nice seeing you), which is really the least of it, but if M needs to see the doctor, that would have come in pretty handy.

I'm just feeling sorry for myself. I wanted to spend some time with B (without small boys around) and I wanted to see some of my peers (aka the clergy spouses). I haven't been able to go to the diocesan convention for the last couple of years, and I like to go and see some of the people I never see.

I am just praying that L doesn't catch this. He's been sick enough already this winter.

Big, huge sigh. Poor M--he only gets sick rarely (last time he missed school for illness was two years ago) but when he does, watch out.

4 comments:

Maggie said...

Your M sounds like my M. She got sick for the first time in 2yrs right before Christmas and it was pneumonia. She likes to go all out.

Ihope M feels better soon. I'm sorry you are missing out on your banquet. I know how much it stinks when you need a break and just can't catch one.

Kate said...

His fever is down this morning, but we still need to keep him home. I'm hoping that he'll be okay for school next week.

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear that M has been ill. Hope he's better. Any reportage on your diocesan convention? Maybe you'd better e-mail that to us. Frankly, ours (several weeks ago) sucked. Not to put too fine a point on it :-)

Kate said...

Our convention actually went pretty well. Birch was elected to standing committee (not sure what I think about THAT), but overall, there weren't any major fights.

Much improved from the last couple.