03 February 2006

You shall have a pocketful of memories...and lint.


That is a quote from the book M and I just finished as his bedtime reading, Howliday Inn. Yes, we are reading fine literature, aren't we? He said this to me as I told him good night.

M is a very interesting person (not kid--I think he'll always be a neat person) because he is so interested in everything. He was the only 5 year old on his soccer team that figured out that being with the ball (and the other 9 kids) was not the place to be. It's much better to be defending your goal. He was also the only kindergartener in his teacher's memory (and she'd been teaching thirty years) to always write his number starting with 0. He'd just add another line at the end for 10 or 20 or whatever number he was supposed to be writing. He makes friends where ever we go (which is not a skill that I have). He is fascinated by knights, lizards, and Scrabble (he's beaten me with a little help). He made a 3D city out of paper and scotch tape, because he thought it would be neat.

Lots of what we talk about around here is his little brother, L, who is a special kid with special needs. But M is just special. He's smart, and has a great sense of humor. He isn't afraid to do things that he likes, even if those things might be considered girly (knitting, for example). Even if it seems like all L all the time, M is a great kid and I'm lucky that he's mine.

2 comments:

Pat said...

Micah sounds like a mature little guy. I think you, Birch and Lucas are all lucky to have him. I hope my kids are half as great as he is.

Anonymous said...

Enjoyed reading about the guys, especially M. I'm a big fan of knights, too, so we have that in common. Lizards--not so much! But Scrabble, yes, that too. Go, M!