28 February 2006

68 Degrees,

the sun is shining, the birds are singing, and I went for a ride. (Here's where the cycling parts come in to the blog. I don't JUST knit!) I haven't been able to for a while because a.) I don't have cold weather cycling clothes and b.) I can't ride when it's cold because of my asthma anyway.

It was short, because even though I've been using the trainer, it's not the same as on the road. Besides, the trainer is nice and flat and doesn't have the hills we have around here. I used the weather and the fact the mail carrier came early as an excuse to ride into town and drop off the mail. Not only did I get a bit of exercise, I was thrifty! frugal!, and environmentally concious!

I was slow! I didn't ride far! But I went out on the bike and didn't get killed! (In town, people were actually pretty well behaved, just like the country route I usually take. It probably helps that motorcyclists have educated the people in the cages.)

Ah, here's hoping the weather stays nice. My attitude is always better when I can exercise.

P.S. M is much better. He was better by Friday afternoon, but we stayed home anyway.

No comments: