07 March 2006

Another knitting post


First, a big thank you to my secret pal. She sent me sock yarn (yay!) and a great sock pattern book, by what may be my favorite knitting author/designer Nancy Bush. The yarn is from Dale of Norway (can we all say ooooh?) and I think will be great to knit with. The yarn is for the Norwegian sock pattern which has fair isle knitting in it (a new favorite technique), so I will have something to keep me busy next week (on spring break, woohoo!). I will also be casting on for MIL's sweater vest next week, because I know that I will need something that I can take breaks from the fair isle.

Speaking of fair isle, I finished the fair isle class that I was taking. We made headbands, a nice fast easy project. I'd show you the headband on my head, but it's too big (I have a small head). I'm going to make another one with 12 fewer stitches. M wants one, too. It is pretty, though. I suspect that I'll be doing a lot of fair isle as it is fun and it makes really warm garments (the stranding doubles up the yarn).

I'm going to stop here, as L will be home from school soon. He's been something else lately.

Oh, my worries about M never wearing the sweater have been completely unfounded. It's the first jacket he grabs whenever he is going outside or is chilly. He's even wearing it more than the beloved Reds jacket that his grandparents gave him for Christmas!

No comments: