22 March 2006

Top 10 Random Thoughts for Wednesday.

This is going to be a post with a bunch of non-related comments.

1.) Is it really so strange to be able to read mirror writing and to actually be able to do it? Enquiring mind wants to know.

2.) M has started in a gifted math program. Maybe he'll stop being so bored in school now.

3.) L had this conversation with a parishioner two Sundays ago.
Parishioner: L, why do you make so much trouble?
L: Because I am so good at it!

4.) The new church is coming along very nicely. B is happy that we will have a church and not just a house. We might be in around Pentecost.

5.) I finished a new pair of socks and let L take the pictures. What do you think? They have been dubbed the banana socks, but are actually the Lichen Ribbed socks from Knitting Vintage Socks. I like the way they look and the feel, but I don't like the Welsh heel. I do like the star toe of 3 points though. The yarn is Step by Austermann in colorway 01. I want to use another skein to make fingerless gloves to wear at the college. The adjunct computer is under the vent and I freeze year round!6.) The Norwegian sock needs to have its heel turned. I'm getting close to finishing up the first one.

7.) Because L took a picture of my feet, he decided he needed a picture of his feet too. So here they are with bunny ears.


8.) A picture of Lulu, because I feel like it.



9.) The boys and I are reading a series of books at bedtime about Gregor the Overlander. It's a great boy book--there are giant cockroaches, bats, and rats. We're on the second book.

10.) Tonight at the soup supper/Taize service, I am bringing chicken stew. Not that anyone cares.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Boy book series I recommend to all my friends & relations (I liked it, too, when I was a kid): Ralph Moody's "Little Britches" books. Don't let the title of book #1 put you off (subtitle--"Father and I Were Ranchers")! They're like a cowboy version of Little House on the Prairie--autobiographical, set in 1900s Colorado.

Kate said...

I have to look for these--M likes historical/real books too. I'm really enjoying reading at night to both boys. It's a nice way to spend a half hour.

Thanks for the suggestion!