22 December 2006

And today I

did lots of stuff.Yesterday, we went up to the R grandparents so we could all go to the Festival of Lights at the Cincinnati Zoo. It was raining, but that's okay. The lights still looked really neat, and no one got too cold or too wet. It was fun.

I also finished a pair of mittens that I made for M. These were a very quick knit. I started them on Tuesday (when I gave myself a sick day) and finished them yesterday afternoon. They are knit from the leftovers of the Scottische Kilt Hose, so Nature Spun Sport from Brown Sheep. I knit them on size 3 dpns from Ann Budd's Knitters Book of Patterns. He seems to like them.
I've started a pair for L, but this is as far as I have gotten:

The dogs have made the day interesting. Murphy (blind and elderly) managed to get himself and Lulu skunked. What a great way to start the day. Maisie chewed through a seat belt in the SUV. Luckily, we only have two children and three seat belts, so we can survive until we get the $200 to fix it.

Murphy is a fuzzy dog, so maybe some time next year eau de skunk will completely evaporate.

And like many days, the insurance company sent a lovely letter saying, oops, sorry we aren't going to pay for that which we preapproved. (It's been taken care of. But really, the Friday before Christmas?!?) But all in all, a pretty good day. I really should start wrapping presents soon, though.

No comments: