12 June 2010

Unmotivated

I'll admit to being unmotivated to write blog entries.  I'm not really sure why, though.  I can't decide what to write.  We've been busy (I always say that) and I've kind of tried to keep Wiz's medical stuff out of the blog this year (because I started a caring bridge page for him), twitter and facebook are faster and easier, and then I've just let two weeks go by and haven't written anything at all.  Enough of that!  I'll let you know what is going on here, now.

 The last day we were in Seattle, Wiz and I went and found the Fremont Troll.  He's large, and pretty neat to climb on.  Wiz said it was fun, but he was not exactly the most fun part of the trip.  That's fair--we did a lot, and we did just see this guy.


 Walla Walla now has a wooden bat league (a place for college students to practice the skills they'll need if they go to the pros someday).  We went to opening night.  Wiz brought a glove, although he seems to think it'll be better if he wears it on his head.


 Game Boy loves baseball.  He's bound and determined to get a ball this year.  We will go pretty often, so he does have a chance.
The Sweets lost, but we had fun watching any way.
 I have been knitting some.  Right now there is a bathmat in the works, three pairs of socks (one will be frogged because it's too small and two which I'm "designing"), and a stranded mitten.  I really want to start a toddler sweater (for a girl--but I don't know why) and another shawl, because I'm wearing my shawls all the time right now.

This is one of the socks I'm designing.  It is left over Wollmeise in Red Hot Chili, so it has a very short leg.  The design isn't showing up terribly well, but it is a lily on the top of the foot of the sock.  I need to start the second one, now.

2 comments:

Batty said...

I thought the troll's fingers were tentacles... mistook him for Cthulhu, oops.

Your sock looks great. I can see the lily very clearly.

Kate said...

Thanks, Batty.

I want to knit another one like this in a solid color. I think that will make the design even more obvious.

I do like it. I even started the second one today!