17 January 2006

Alien Abduction?


The saga of the Hunt Hunts continues...

L and I went up to the paternal grandparents' house before his GI appointment today. We arrived yesterday afternoon and of course the Hunt Hunts (Hunt Hunt's sister is named Hunt Hunt too) came also. L took them out of their house and was playing with them. Their home planet was the spikey baldy hat M gave grandpa (you probably don't really want to know) and they live inside the hat. Apparently their planet is cool because when you flip it the Hunt Hunts go flying all over the living room.

He played with the Hunt Hunts awhile and then decided to play with something else. Since I'm paranoid about the Hunt Hunts "adventuring", I told L to put them in their house. We found three, but Hunt Hunt with the baseball bat disappeared. L wasn't worried--after all, the real Hunt Hunt went home and came back. L decided that Hunt Hunt was going back home to bring back more Hunt Hunts (because they have no parents, donchaknow?), specifically ones that surfed! Grandma and I weren't so sure, so we looked on tables, in the bathroom, in the toy box, under furniture, moved the cushions, with no luck. We stopped for awhile.

After dinner, we looked again. We looked every place we could think and then just crawled around on the floor looking. Still no luck. Finally, I thought that maybe Patti (sporting her new custom made sweater made by yours truly) might have taken it and stashed it some where. Grandma thought not, as it wasn't food. I looked under G & G's bed and there was Hunt Hunt! I suppose that the Hunt Hunts are just the right size for a small poodle to carry off.

I no longer think that the Hunt Hunt adventures are over. I am sure that they will have many more adventures.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
L's appointment with the GI went pretty well. He now weighs a whopping 33 pounds and is just over 40 inches tall. He grew 4 cm since July! While this is a huge amount for him, I think that he's going to have to still have a harness and an aide on the bus for Kindergarten (and probably first grade, too).

M and B had a good time eating stuff that L won't eat (which is a surprisingly short list) and I can't eat. It was all good.

3 comments:

Maggie said...

*Clap!* That is wonderful news.

Anonymous said...

Kate, great that L has gained and grown! You are brave and creative to start up a blog. It took me a while to figure out HuntHunt, and I still am not sure what he is!We look forward to further news.

Pat said...

Great news about Lucas.

P.S. where did Mom and Dad find Hunt Hunt?