12 January 2006




I'm keeping busy here. The semester started on Monday, and that always keeps me extremely busy. Next week will be pretty busy too, as L has his checkup with the GI up in Cincinnati. I think that he's gained weight, but I don't know. He most definitely has gotten taller. He doesn't quite fit curled up in my lap anymore. I guess it was inevitable, he is almost 5!

I am becoming a prolific knitter. It's only the 12 of January and I've already finished two pairs of socks, a pair of fingerless mittens, and a dog sweater. I'm halfway through the back of M's sweater, and have just a few inches of B's sweater sleeve. The "secret" project is coming along nicely, too. I have vowed not to start another pair of socks until the secret project is done (mostly because the socks will be for me) unless I make L another pair of socks from leftovers (he's got tiny feet) and I know that they will be taking blood from him on Tuesday.

Today is going to be relatively busy. I should get on the bike this morning and I may (I watch episodes of The Muppet Show while I am on there. Thank you Jim Henson!) and after L comes home on the bus we are going into my school so I can sign my contract. I like being paid--it certainly makes work more interesting! I think that he and I are going to go to a book store after that. This evening, M has choir practice and they will be singing this Sunday. M is pleased because he has earned his surplice (in the Rose school, choristers earn their uniform) and will no longer be a probationer but a full-fledged chorister. Since B doesn't have to go to Berea this week, L can stay home so I can have the entire time to knit on the secret project.

I hope that things are going well wherever you are. Here, the sun's out and it's going to be warm, so it looks like a good day. May the sun be shining for you!

2 comments:

Maggie said...

The boys are getting so big and very handsome!

Pat said...

Those two have really gotten big. Good looking kids, too.

I hope you started a trend, Kate. It would be nice to see what everyone is up to.