24 January 2006

Random Thoughts


Sorry, no stories about Hunt Hunt, his brother Hunt Hunt, his other brother Hunt Hunt, or his sister Hunt Hunt. Currently, they are taking a rest in outer space, aka under L's booster seat at the kitchen table. They took R2D2 with them. It's been lots of fun reading the comments I'm getting from you. I hope you are having fun reading snapshots of our lives.

The picture has nothing to do with anything I'm writing today. I just like it.

School's been busy here. M is busy (B decided to teach him long division--at school they are just starting division, so I expect to hear that M is bored at school again). Choir is fun for him and his younger brother, but M seems to really enjoy it. He is also going to begin being an acolyte at church. Now B gets to wrangle one of the boys sometimes at church.

L is L. Today he found more playdoh (I really thought that I'd confiscated all of it) and decided to put it into the family room space heater (electricity is less expensive than natural gas). I smelled smoke, and found it. At least I discovered it early. Some days I wonder if he'll make it to his next birthday (less than one month away). He also spent hours talking with Furby. I'm no longer sure why Santa thought that Furby was a good idea. The two of them have conversations that make no sense, but can be fun to listen to. He's an exasperating but really funny kid. Sometimes it's hard not to laugh at some of the things that he does.

B is busy with the new church building. He does all sorts of other things at the church, but I am not privy to many of them. You'll have to ask him what he's doing.

I am teaching (we're already 3 weeks into the semester) and I'm tutoring for four hours a week. I am knitting, natch! I learned that a sweater sleeve for a tall man with long arms is bigger than a sweater back for a largish kid. I've finished a sleeve for B (finally!) and the back for M's sweater. L's socks are coming along (it's hard to tell him no after he has bloodwork done) so maybe I'll finish something soon. Other things I'm working on are kind of secret still, so no comment. I am going to make a declaration: the next item I cast on will be for me. Or maybe not. B's mother is getting a vest, hopefully before summer.

Yes, it's a boring post. I'm sure it will be even worse once M starts playing soccer again. Between soccer and choir, we are some very busy people. Next year L wants to play. I just wasn't ready for him to play this year.

Pax.

1 comment:

Pat said...

I don't think it's boring. In a way, I'm living vicariously through you till I have my own kids.

PS: No, I don't want to borrow your kids like Maggie suggested. That is one nice thing about being an uncle and not a dad....at the moment.