20 April 2006

Ch-ch-changes

We've had a few changes here.

L has his newest pair of socks--he is a big fan of new socks. These ones were knit from leftovers from a previous pair. (Sockotta yarn, in a 4X2 rib pattern on size 1 needles.) I want to buy some yarn to make socks for the two bigger boys because L has many more pairs than them. Of course, L has much smaller feet and I can squeeze a lot more socks out of the yarn I buy for him!



Another change, which I thought was obvious, but apparently was not, is that I had 3 or 4 inches cut off of my hair (hard to tell, as my hair is pretty curly). It's gone from an unruly mane of tangled waves to a not-as-much unruly set of loose curls. B likes it, I really like it, but surprisingly no one else seems to have noticed. I've decided to think that's because my new cut is so great and is so me that no one can tell. This picture shows my hair a bit--I'd just finished a bike ride so my hair is in pig tails and a bit messy. Yes, I wore my helmet. (Motto: It's better to look stupid than be stupid!)

A third change is we now are the proud owners of a high efficiency front-loading washing machine! Woohoo! Can't you just feel the excitement? The boys (all three of them) like to watch it go round and round. Having a window so you can see the laundry apparently is really exciting. I like it because there's a lot less water going into the septic tank, and the clothes are dryer when they go into the dryer, using a lot less electricity. That warms my environmentalist's heart. I'm not posting a picture of the washing machine, because that's just too pathetic, even for me!

Added later:
Ride report: New ride today. I tried out a new route. It's also hilly. Total mileage: 13.56, total time: 1 hour, 2 min., 5 sec. MPH somewhere in the neighborhood of 13.3 to 13.4. This route includes waiting at red lights, so I think that it went pretty well. No wheezing once off the bike, so my fitness level is increasing. I made it home and showered just as the thunder started. I had pretty good timing for a change.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

hey, I like the hair! And a big WOO HOO to the new washer. I was so excited when we got our new Bosch diswasher! I wash so many dishes each day (homeschooling cafeteria) and we have septic, too. I need to get one of those front loader dishwashers!

Let me know how happy it makes you! Love the socks, too.

Pat said...

Just want to wish you a happy birthday, sis!

Kate said...

Thanks Pattie and Pat!

L loves his new socks--he always does. So far, I love the new washer. It works really fast, which is nice.