30 April 2006

What I Did Saturday

My sock met the Yarn Harlot's sock yesterday! My sock is the one on the left (the pattern is Fancy Silk Sock from Nancy Bush's Knitting Vintage Socks in Plymouth Sockotta yarn, a cotton/wool/nylon blend) and her sock is the lovely sock in blue and greys. As you can see, we both like sharp, pointy metal double points.

I realize that you can knit socks using two circulars or using magic loop, but really, dpns all the way for me! It is the one true way to knit socks!

I also met the Yarn Harlot. She is a truly lovely person, who even remembered me from a single comment I left on her blog. I am most impressed, as I can barely remember the names of all the parishioners at church--and I see many of them at least once a week! I wasn't able to stay for her reading/discussion at the Bluegrass Festival of Books, as we had to head up to Northern Kentucky for the wake of the church in which B was nurtured. I was able to buy two of her books and now have a complete library (with two of them signed!). Of course, being me, I was completely tongue-tied (meeting a new person, who is FAMOUS, and being my introverted, shy self), but I wasn't too inane. Or so I hope.

Being as I am often trying to be supermom (and regularly failing), I also wanted to make it home so I could make it to M's soccer game. I haven't missed one, yet, and I really wanted to go. Last week's game wasn't pretty (the Tidal Waves do not play well when they miss practice!), and I like watching the games. They played much better this week. M played his favorite position (fullback) for two quarters, forward for one quarter, and goalie for one. He did a really good job at all three. No one scored on him as goalie, and he had several assists. His team won, 14-0.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I like the socks inthe picture. I want to learn to knit one day..... COngrats to M on his team's win and great job as Goalie. Like the picture.

Anonymous said...

It was wonderful to meet you, and I'm glad ya bailed for the soccer game. A Mum's gotta have priorities.

Kari said...

Cute socks! The pattern and colors just look fun. :-)

Maggie said...

I wish you lived closer. I'd love to learn to knit. Micah looks so, so, grown. *sigh* where does the time go?