23 April 2006

Happy Bearthday to Me!

Yesterday, according to B, I turned old and decrepit. (He says that every year and amazingly, I'm only old and decrepit for 18 days, which is when he turns back to the same age as me.) I turned 36, so if you every want to know how old I am, I'm the same age as Earthday (nope, not as old as dirt, quite!).

It was a really nice day. We all had pancakes for breakfast (poor B has to make two different batches, as I can't have gluten). I got my presents after breakfast, as the boys couldn't wait and we were going to have a very busy day. L gave me two peony plants (var. Kansas!) that he picked out himself. M gave me a Last Avatar DVD and a computer Scrabble game. M and I both love the various anime cartoons and Scrabble, so they are really for both of us. (I can share!)

B gave me a camelback, a couple of DVDs, and a new obnoxious chartreuse bag/purse. I needed a bigger one as I am carrying a lot more stuff because of L's needs. The camelback is going to be great--that way I can ride for a long time and have plenty of water. Besides, it has a spot for my cell phone, my inhaler and other stuff. I won't have to carry all that in my pockets.

M had a soccer game (they lost--better now and have it over with) and we went to the Domain. We had a picnic lunch and went for a hike. L and M were both able to hike for 5 miles. I was most impressed. We also got the Bishop to bless our new wedding rings (mine were lost--I'll tell that story some other time). Later, the boys went to parents' night out and B and I went to dinner at Outback. We actually could sit at the bar to wait for a table. How novel!

So, now I'm 36. No one believes me.

6 comments:

Maggie said...

Happy Birthday, Old Lady! *snicker*

Kate said...

As long as I don't look that old, who cares? My students actually thought I was kidding!

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday. I'm going to be 38 this July. I love those camelbacks. The company Chris works for makes The North Face-- so I was able to get their dayhiker for half price. I love my dayhiker......

TTYL

Maggie said...

You will never look your age. I'm just jealous, is all.;)

Kate said...

I love the camelback. It's bright yellow and has reflective tape on the sides. It still tastes funny, but it's getting better.

Kate said...

Maggie,

It's all the clean living, you know.

*snort*