25 April 2006

Just a Tuesday

Quick post, mostly because I'm trying to keep track of my rides.

Cycling: Today out past Union City and back home for a total of 13.5 miles. I made it in 56 min, 34 seconds, for an average speed of 14.3 mph. Considering I finished last season at 14.5, I think that my short term goal of 15 mph is in reach! I didn't do my usual stop and drink some water and rest a bit this time either. My hope is that soon I can do some nice 25-30 mile rides and really get some distance in (I'm going to do a century by the end of 2007!).

Oh, funny cycling story from last week. I stopped to take my inhaler and drink some water at the store in Union City. There are benches outside and it seems to be a gathering place of sorts. Usually I ride in the morning and see mostly the older farmer types, who are always pretty encouraging (yeah, I saw you going up that hill. You did great!). This time I was riding in the afternoon, and an older woman was sitting there. She watched me take my inhaler, asked where I'd ridden from, and talked. When I told her I'd ridden from my house on P drive, she said, "Does your mother know?!?" I replied, "Probably not." She said I really needed to let my mother know where I was at all times, as mothers tend to worry. I wonder how old she thought I was? What would she have thought if she knew I've been married almost 14 years and have two children?

In other boring news, I've made more granola for my breakfast. Before you call me Martha, you go try to find gluten free cold cereal that isn't made for children. Blech!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

LOL-- I just wrote in my notes today that I wasn;t Martha! LOL...we are on the same page.

Maggie said...

LOL! I love it. Doesn't ever happen to me, though. I've always looked older than you. Somehow I don't think that is fair.

Kate said...

I read your post and wanted to let you know that I make yogurt too. It really tastes better.

I'm still not Martha!

Kate said...

You liked looking older than me when you were in high school! Carded for movies, carded for alcohol (last time at 35), getting dirty looks during both pregnancies--finally not looking my age is nice.