06 April 2006

The real post

It's a two post day. There's so much going on that I decided that I needed to do two!

Church news: The steeple is being delivered today. It's a miracle. The church is coming along so quickly. The mild KY winters make it possible to start a building project in January (well, actually December). If you want to see progress, you can start by going here and viewing the progress. There will be steeple pictures soon, I'm sure!

Boy news: The boys went fishing today. All of them. They didn't catch any fish, but they did have a good time. I did not go. I do believe that fishing is the most boring activity known to humankind.

Cycling news: I went for a ride today. It's the first real ride of the season. I was a bit slow, but I made the entire 12.52 mile ride at 13.5 mph in 55 minutes and 41 seconds. I only lost a bit of time since last fall. I guess the trainer helped me stay in shape after all. My hope is that I can average by summer 15 miles an hour. I'm still having some wheezing now after 2 hours, but that will pass. (I'll just drink more coffee!)

Knitting news: I finished my Norwegian Socks! I started them on the 1
2 of March and finished them on the 4th of April. Yes, it took three weeks. However, I finished a pair of socks in that time, ripped out 6" of vest, and these are knee socks! The pattern was from Nancy Bush's Folk Socks and the book and yarn came from my secret pal, Valerie. I am definitely going to make more socks from this book. There are only two real projects on the needles right now: B's sweater (which I keep telling myself doesn't need to be finished until October or so) and a pair of socks for L out of left over yarn. I am probably going to start another pair of socks for me and I want to buy some yarn for socks for B and M. Socks are easier to work on when it's hot, and I know that they will be worn.

M took this picture of the very fancy socks for me. I quite like them!

Next week will be busy--it's Holy Week and L has his appointment with the hematologist. He's still coughing and today is his last day on antibiotics. I guess we could go to his pediatrician, but it won't hurt to have the hematologist listen to how L's doing.


5 comments:

Knittypants said...

Congratulations on finishing your socks! It's a beautiful pattern.

Valerie said...

Oh wow - those look amazing! And quite warm and cozy for the fall and winter. I'm so glad the pattern, yarn and color choice worked out. Hurrah!

Elizabeth said...

Wonderful work on those!

Kate said...

Thank you all. They were a lot of fun to knit too--it's amazing how fast they seem to go when there is a pattern to mark progress.

I'm definitely going to do more fair isle.

Anonymous said...

the updates on the fam are helpful in knowing how to pray for youse guys. great fam fotos. happy b-day, kate! (albeit a day late) ken