04 July 2006

Independence Day

Happy 4th to all of you!

It's hot here--really hot. Yesterday, the thermometer in the back yard read 100 degrees. This morning when I finally dragged myself out of bed, it was 82 degrees already. No bike ride today. It's too hot already and since I've caught a cold from a camper, I decided I didn't need that too.

Yesterday was B's and my 14th wedding anniversary. M and L were impressed, as they haven't been alive nearly that long. We didn't do much (too tired from camp last week) but had a nice evening at home (well, if you include coughing on the couch). We grilled steaks, had salads, and ice cream (no celebration is complete without ice cream), let the boys watch a movie upstairs, and B and I watched Le Tour de France.

Oh, we lead such exciting lives.

The other things that have happened around here is that I ripped the toe and cuff of M's smaller sock and reknit it. See?
I just couldn't leave them different sizes. It made my head hurt.

The wrap that I'm knitting is now 22 inches long. It's really boring to knit, but it looks nice, anyway. I've ripped out the intarsia part of the baby blanket and I'm just going to make it striped. I'm also going to rip out the sweater I'm making for B and using a different pattern. The stitch is a pain and boring, but really all of the increases are done on the wrong side, so making the increases fit into the pattern involved a lot of ripping and so on. I found another pattern which will be better.

And the biggest news: The new church building will be completed on Friday, July 7. We will have our dedication service on July 16. Finally.


2 comments:

Pat said...

Happy Anniversary!

Maggie said...

happy anniversary! I did think of you two on the day of. :)