08 July 2006

Summertime and the living is easy?

Not here, it's not.

This week has been extremely busy. I spent lots of time trying to weed the vegetable garden (and still haven't weeded all of the corn) just to see new weeds grow. On the bright side, we have blooms on all of the vegetables, so we should see some produce soon. We also had a good soaking rain, which helps considerably. And I've finally been able to get back on the bike, which really improves my mood a lot.

L has decided to knit again. He's knitting a washcloth:










and a blanket (?)






I've been knitting, too. I've been working on the socks from my secret pal (the pattern is Badcaul) and I'm about halfway to the heel. I have never knit short row heels before, so that will be new. The lower picture is a close up of the stitch pattern.

I am also working on the shawl (it's bigger, just looks the same) and the Kilt Hose for P. I have 4 more inches on the leg of the Kilt Hose before I am ready for the heel on that sock. I think that they are really nice.

M is busy too--but I'm not sure if he's doing the driving crazy or being driven crazy.

The church is coming along. It's still not quite finished, but it's getting close.

No comments: