05 July 2006

Things that I like

1. An I-pod to listen to while I weed our (gigantic) vegetable garden.

2. Garden shoes that I can just hose off.

3. Learning new things, such as how to start toe-up socks. (Sorry secret pal, I didn't do a Turkish cast on--I don't have two size 1 circular needles--but I did learn the figure 8 cast on). The yarn is from my Secret Pal. It's been fun so far.

4. Making stitch markers. You can't have enough, because they walk away (just like cable needles).

5. Knowing that I'm going on a group bike ride tomorrow.

6. Having a minor bicycle accident (my shoes caught on the clips and I fell over) and even though I had bruises and abrasions, deciding I needed another couple of miles, anyway. (This really wasn't as bad as my wreck last year. I just have spectacular bruises!)

7. A break in the weather.

8. L deciding that he "needs to" knit a washcloth. He still needs lots of help (fine motor skills are waaaaay behind), but he has two rows finished.

9. Gatorade.

10. Lara bars--they are gluten and soy free and easy to stick in my jersey pockets. Yum.

Happy, happy Kate

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey it's all good. Glad you learned something :)

Love
-SP

Kate said...

I'm really glad that I learned how to do this. B is pretty big, so I'll be able to knit socks for him and be less worried about running out of yarn.

Thanks for the cool patterns. The yarn is really great, too.

Unknown said...

Do you like your iPod? I thought it might be neat to get one. Chris has one of those handheld things and he records talk radio to it and listens while he sits at airports (Pilots have boring lives--really! they fly people to airports and wait for their return)

I think my handheld thing could record stuff-- Chris says I only use 10% of what it can do. I say: why should it be used any differently than my brain! ~roaring laughter~ have a good day! I am about caught up on your journal. I am making copies and reading and doing 3 other things.