15 July 2009

February Lady Sweater, in July

Since I finished a couple of things for other people or charity (see mittens and afghan square), I thought I should finish my sweater. It only needed the sleeves. I put it down at the end of May. For some reason I didn't finish it.

On Friday I picked it up and knit one of the sleeves. I picked up the stitches for the second sleeve on Saturday (Saturday was a very busy day. I didn't have much time, but at least I was able to get started). I finished the sweater on Sunday. Monday was blocking, and yesterday, Wiz and I took a few pictures.

This is the picture Wiz took.

Pattern: february lady sweater, by Pamela Wynne.
Yarn: Patternworks Sunapee (55% cotton, 45% Silk, 153 yards per ball) (I used about 6 balls)
Size: L
Needles: Size 7 for the body, Size 8 dpns for the sleeves
Buttons were given to me by my friend Linda.

Easy to knit, and I think I'll wear it a lot. I used bigger needles for the sleeves, mostly because I wanted a looser fit. It will be something I can dress up or down, and it will look good over long fitted sleeves or over short or sleeveless shirts. I am thinking about knitting something similar in wool so I'll have a warmer sweater.

No comments: