01 January 2010

A Good Beginning

We had warmer weather and sun today. We took full advantage of this fact, and went to Pioneer Park with the dogs. I took the new camera.

We always wander around the aviary. The birds were pretty busy today.
While the sun was out, the views were their usual stunning selves. Now I have a camera that can capture it better, too.

It was a lovely wander. By the time we made it back home, the clouds were back and the rain started.

Occupo lumen! Especially when you live pretty far north.

5 comments:

LC said...

What GREAT shots!! Even on my laptop, I feel like I could step into the landscape!

Batty said...

Is that a peacock in the snow? Now that's an interesting sight!

Unknown said...

Great pictures!

Kate said...

Thanks, everyone. I love my new camera.

Kate said...

Yes, that's a peacock in full mating plumage in the snow. The other two are appropriately dressed for the winter. But he was just stunning, so I had to take a picture of him.