16 June 2006

Better day

Micah is doing a little better. He still hurts, but does all right when he is taking ibuprofen and not letting dogs or brothers touch him. He is getting bored, so he wanted to knit. That didn't work well at all, so I thought I'd teach him how to crochet. Never mind that I have never crocheted, I needed to do something for the poor kid. Between the two of us, we learned how to crochet (chain stitch anyway!)

He is going to see the orthopedist on Monday where we will find out for sure what kind of break, how long he will be in a cast and so on. It's going to be an interesting weekend. I'm trying to keep him inside, because it's already 88 degrees and we are trying to keep him clean and dry until then.

I'll take pictures of my knitting later on. Right now, I'll give you a partial view of my loverly flower bed. Even though both flower beds had the same seed mix in them, and are on the front of the house, they look very different. This one is a riot of color and is in gorgeous bloom. The other side is thin still, but I've added some plants, so we shall see how it goes for later this summer.

2 comments:

Batty said...

Lovely flowers, and goodness, he really is crocheting! That intent look on his face bodes well for the future. Knitting, crocheting, you'll be a FO-producing mother/son team!

Best wishes for Micah's quick recovery. I know sitting still isn't the easiest thing to do for a kid.

Kate said...

Thanks for the compliments. The flowers make me smile.

He is making lots of crochet chains. He crochets pretty tightly, so single crochet will have to wait. I think that it's great that yarn was the first thing he asked for. The day before he broke his wrist he raided my leftover yarn stash. Good timing on his part.

Once the cast is on tomorrow, hopefully things will get a little bit easier.