19 June 2006

It's Monday, Really?

Look what my secret pal sent me:
A postcard from Holland (and the box said Netherlands!) with sheep on the front and a nice note on the back.

Handmade stitch markers (much fancier than what I usually use)

A couple of swatches of fabric--which I love the color. I wonder what they could be for?





Lovely Lana Grossa sock yarn in a cotton/wool blend. Perfect for summer socks, and great colors. M wanted this yarn, but I'm keeping it for me!

She also sent me a really nifty plant that lives in a teeny tiny clear box. I watered it and it's sitting on the windowsill of the kitchen window. I tried to get pictures of it, but they didn't quite come out. I'll try again later. It's neat to have a plant that I can take any place I go. All my other ones are a bit large for that.




Earlier, I took pictures of all of these things outside in the actual sunshine. Somehow, all of them were erased, so I had to re-take them inside as we are now having thunderstorms rolling through periodically. While I was taking the pictures, I found this four leaf clover.

Maybe I'll have some good luck for awhile!





Just in case you didn't know how much M loves the color green, here's some proof:


Yes, the cast is that bright green. He loves the color. It probably won't stay that color for long!

I'd better go and put together tomorrow's final exam. I'm almost finished with class.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So how did M break his wrist anyway? And will the cast be off in time for vacation? Such torture for a kid--going to the beach with a cast on.

Kate said...

Running around in the back yard. It should be off on July 14. Thank goodness.