09 June 2006

Feeling overwhelmed

I am feeling completely overwhelmed and in over my head. This summer (a time that's supposed to be lazy) has been busier than the school year. I am already tired, and just feeling even worse when I think about what I have to do in the next few weeks.

Part of the issue is that I'm teaching summer school. It's a six week course, and we meet another 6 times (four times next week, then MT the week after). That's not so bad, but the problem is that B is going to be leaving on Sunday for Columbus, OH and won't be coming back until the 21. I've been madly trying to find child care as most of our babysitters are going to be gone during this time. I have found child care--thank goodness. To add to the fun, Pattie is coming. She's fun, and it will be fine, but it's just one more thing. If I had known about all of this, I would not have taught this summer.

This evening, we are going to No. KY to pick up M and see the Reds game. Tomorrow, we must rush back, as B is the MC for the deacon ordination and I have to get all of the laundry done so he can pack for Columbus.

At least the vegetable garden is now planted. It looks pretty good, and we should see some germination soon.

Even though I only was able to ride four days this week, I still rode for almost 50 miles. The one thing I'm going to miss about teaching is the 11 miles a day that I have been able to do. Sigh.

Happy news: M spent this week at soccer camp at NKU. It was for boys 8-14 and they were not separated by age. One of the activities was a mini World Cup. M and his teammate (2 on 2 ball) were Slovakia. They played very well, and to M's surprise, won. As in first.

He's 8.





*edited later to add: or maybe they were Slovenia. I just can't remember.

No comments: