18 June 2006

What I'm knitting

Since cycling has been pretty sparse for the last week and won't be better for at least two more weeks, I have been knitting a lot more.

I have three projects that are currently active projects. (There are two others, but one is a worsted weight wool sweater that it's just too darn hot to knit, and the other is an intarsia baby blanket, that I absolutely hate knitting. )

On Wednesday, I wanted to start an easy, no thinking but not too boring project, so I grabbed the yarn for M's socks and started making plain old stockinette socks. Because it is self-striping yarn, it's not boring, because you can easily see progress. It's good I started these socks when I did, as both of the boys have decided that any medical issue means a new pair of socks. I guess I have good timing!



I have made some progress on the kilt hose. Not a lot, as they do require some thinking (which is a bit beyond me at the moment) but some. I'm still waiting on a few measurements, but they look like pretty nice socks to me. They do look a bit weird right now because the cuff is knitted, then the sock is turned inside out and the leg is knitted in the other direction.



Finally, the third project is a shawl that I made up the pattern. It's diagonal lace rib on huge size 15 needles. It's a gift for someone else. I have no idea if she reads this blog or not, but since I said she, that doesn't really narrow this down at all, does it? None of these projects is really hard, exactly, but there is some thinking involved.


Tomorrow afternoon M goes to the orthopedist and will have his cast put on his wrist. I hope that he will have a choice of colors that he likes.

Wish us luck.

No comments: