08 September 2007

One Extra Long

Sweater, that is.

I finished the knitting, seaming, and crocheting of The Collar's Cardigan. It's blocking, as we speak, and it needs a zipper. However, the really difficult parts are finished! I'm not sure when I started this, but I started the back piece in January.

I'm scared that now that it's finished, that it won't fit him. It seems very small, now. I think that the yarn felted just a tiny bit. I've measured it, but...

Here are some blocking pictures:

The whole sweater, pinned out and hopefully large enough.
This one shows the color better

Specifics: Knit in KnitPicks Wool of the Andes, color Pumpkin (however, I think it looks like butternut squash!)
Pattern: Ann Budd's Cambridge Jacket from Summer 2006 Interweave Knits.
I used size 9 and size 8 needles, just like the pattern called for.

It's a nice looking sweater, but it was boring to knit. Miles of stockinette and ribbing. Dull, dull, dull.

And now I'm worried that I'm going to have to reknit it in a bigger size. But it looks great right now, don't you think?

*Edited to add: It's too small for him. It's too narrow across the shoulders, and just a wee bit too short. So I tried it on, and it is big on me, but does fit. I'll get a zipper put in, and I guess we'll see how it fits then.

The Collar has picked out a new sweater pattern (I just can't knit the same pattern again right now) and a color. I'll order the yarn this week. I feel horrible. I'm casting on for a hoodie for The Wiz, and then I was going to knit BB fanatic feminine version her vest. But I have to knit the Collar a sweater! AAARGH!

3 comments:

Maggie said...

At least you now have a fabulous new sweater. I love the color. And I still think it's amazing that you can take take a couple of long needle-like sticks and a couple skeins of yarn and make something like that.

Batty said...

That's so sad, but you know what? The sweater still looks great. I hope you can wear it and enjoy it for a long time!

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry too, because you worked so hard on it but maybe it's your turn for a sweater, as long as it fits.
EER