23 October 2008

I Has a Hat

My head's been cold when I'm walking the Wiz to school. I don't have a hat (mostly because I hate hats) so I made one. Here's the hat on my head. (Picture courtesy of the Wiz.)Here it is flat on the couch.This is what was left over from 1 skein of Knit Picks Merino Style:
Project Specs:
Pattern: Lacy Beanie by Helene Rush (found in 101 Designer One Skein Wonders)
Needles: Ancient Size 3 needles (I bought them at a thrift shop)
Yarn: Knit Picks Merino Style 1 skein (Crocus--no longer available)
I used nearly all of the skein. Very little was left.

It was pretty easy to knit, although I pretty much messed up the lace pattern. I don't think it matters. Who is going to notice on the 7:40 am walk to school? Besides, since I messed up every lace row, it's just a design feature. :)

No comments: