07 November 2008

Odds and Ends

Right now, I'm in Spokane for a retreat/strategic session for our diocese's camp. I'm all alone. No kids! No dogs! No Collar :( . The drive to Spokane is better than the drive to Seattle because:
  • it's only 3 hours rather than 5.5 to 6.5
  • rush hour is so much calmer
  • I don't have to be on the interstate to get here
  • I saw a ring-neck pheasant on the drive up.
Enough of that.

Since I last wrote, we found out that Game Boy did break his finger. It's taped, and he'll be fine.
The Wiz has autoimmune antibodies, so now we'll definitely need to get him in to see an immunologist. His next appointments in Seattle are on the 18th of November, so he and I will be driving to Seattle on the 17th. He'll see the hem again, the GI, and have his annual bone marrow biopsy. I might drive The Collar's car, because his is bigger and has 4 wheel drive. (Mine would be easier to deal with in Seattle, though, so I'm not completely sold on the idea yet.)

Because we have begun to settle in for the long winter (it was completely dark by 4:30 this afternoon), here's some roses to show that the sun still shines. The roses were cut on Sunday.

No comments: