17 August 2006

First Day, 2006/2007


The boys started school yesterday. I am quite pleased that I will no longer have to hear them fighting all day long. It went very smoothly, although they still catch the bus at 6:45 am. Sigh.

So yes, it was pretty dark when I snapped this picture.

So far, I haven't heard from L's teacher (edited later to add: this is good. We expected her to call us and tell us he's been misbehaving!). I spent yesterday filling out many, many forms about L's health issues. It's not as easy to start school with health problems that require medication and extra care. L's a little worried though that he will lose his teeth at school. We found out at the dentist that he has two very loose teeth. We had no idea!

Dinner was what is going to be a tradition. L decided that we should have brain shaped meatloaf for dinner. Brains are important for learning, don't you know. He believes that is a good way to think about the school year! He also wanted to share what it looked like. Here it is sans ketchup.Happy school year to everyone!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I remember the days of having to catch the school bus at 6:25, and I wouldn't wish them on anyone.

Surprising that you haven't heard from the teacher yet, hopefully within the next day or two?

I'm not quite sure which is worse, the idea of brain shaped meatloaf, or the degree of accuracy obtained in the making of brain shaped meatloaf! :-)

Kate said...

Catching the bus this early isn't so bad right now. Once we go back to standard time, it will be painful!

L apparently has been well behaved so far, so it's no news is good news, as far as we are concerned.

My biology skills have given me yet another way to amuse my sons. Thank goodness for an education.

Thanks for visiting my blog!

Maggie said...

we did the brain meatloaf last night for the kids' first day. Charlie liked it so much, he has requested it become tradition. lol

Your boys look so grown up and handsome.