26 August 2006

Random stuff

Random stuff today. I have been busy with school, so everything is pretty much incoherent and stream of conciousness.

Today L (and I) had our first soccer game. As you can see, his uniform is a little big. He had shorts that were really too big, so we found smaller ones, his socks are folded completely down over his legs, and his uniform shirt is tucked in, but looks a little bit funny. He's so cute.

We think his team tied the other team, but we aren't sure. I didn't keep score and the Dolphins were sure that both sides got 13 goals. Everyone had a good time, so it's all good.

M played today, too. His team is the Tigers and they have the brightest uniforms I've ever seen. He played well today, and his team won. So far, so good. He had to play both forward and full back (and did pretty well in both positions) but can't remember much of the game. He took cold medicine before and wasn't quite himself.

L lost another tooth. He wasn't too thrilled at first because he bled this time, but obviously changed his mind after the bleeding stopped. Another trip from the tooth fairy is in order. Now the tooth fairy only brings a quarter, so you know what a cheapskate we have.



I have gotten pretty far on the first of the Scottische Kilt Hose Stocking. I have completed the calf decreases and am finally on the heel. The picture at the left is a view of the calf decreases, because I think that it looks cool.
I am working pretty slowly on these socks because a.) they are 100% wool and it's still 95 degrees F here and b.) they are knee socks with a huge cuff. They are still really neat and fun to knit though. P, the person they are for, lives in NC and it's still hot there, so I think that I still have time. Usually I'm faster on the second sock, so maybe I'll finish these pretty quickly.

B's Pawleys Island Blues socks are coming along. I have finished the foot on one, and am to the toe, so I've started the foot on the other sock. I'd like to finish them soon so I can work on the sweater and knit matching socks for the boys. Right now, the majority of my knitting is for B. I've quit on the shawl for awhile (it's really boring), but I have a sweater and socks on the needles for B. Then there are the Scottische hose for P. I will finish at least one project before I start another. I want to knit a lace shawl for me to wear at church (it's cold in there!), and more socks (I have cool patterns and beautiful yarn to use), and a long sleeved sweater for me. Oh, and another hoodie for L. He's starting to show signs of outgroing the blue one after wearing it for 2 years. Too much to do and not enough time to do it. Sigh.

2 comments:

Maggie said...

You really keep yourself busy, don't you? The boys look great in their uniforms.

Kate said...

Who, me? Busy? No, not at all. Why do you ask? ;)