31 August 2006

Well...

I think that I can say that classes are going well. Maybe I should think about applying for the next full time position that opens up?

I have a lot of students. Somehow, my classes fill up, even when we have to drop classes. How weird. You'd think that my last name would scare students off.

There's not a whole lot of interesting news. L is doing okay at school. His fine motor skills might be improving, but I am not sure. M is being tested for gifted and talented this year (good--he's been bored and causing trouble previously) and has been placed in advanced math. I enjoyed TAG (the acronym used in the KCK school district), and I'm sure it kept me out of trouble. Once I went to Sumner Academy, that's when I taught myself to write backwards and write notes in Latin to keep from being a pain in class. At least it worked!

B is busy with his two parishes. The chairs are coming, the chairs are coming! (They are the last bit of the new church left incomplete.) He has added a projection system to the church so that visitors don't have to juggle all of the books we use. I'm a conservative when it comes to worship style (no guitars, no "praise" music, kneelers are necessary) but I really think that it will help people who are visiting.

Oh--L apparently amused the girls with his baby opossum. Do I worry about him now, or later? At least he's not bringing home girls' phone numbers like his big brother did when he was in Kindergarten. I never expected to have to teach phone number acceptance ettiquette to a 5 year old.

The donut spare dog (Patti) is here. Wish all of us some serious luck. She has already bitten Lulu (who just looked hurt and confused) and Maisie (who has learned to avoid her) because they dared come near me. Murfy just lies around and looks stuffed, so she ignores him. Tomorrow will probably be better.

I'll post some picture next time. I can't get into the habit of no pictures! I promise it won't be brain shaped meatloaf.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tag kept me out of trouble too... well, part of the time, at least! Once I figured out how to write backwards and started taking classes a year ahead of my grade things really improved.

I think you worry about L later... like when he starts bringing home phone numbers! It could be worse though... my best friend got in his first fist fight in kindergarten over a girl. She was a 3rd grader. ;-)

Kate said...

G & T we hope will help M--last year, he'd finish his work early, "help" his friends finish theirs, and get the whole lot into trouble whenhe was bored. This has been the drill since K.

L likes the girls, and they like him. But not the same way as they like M. M has always had the girls liking him.

BTW, you are the only other person I know who taught herself to write backwards as a way to amuse herself at school. We must have kindred spirits!