05 September 2006

September has arrived,

and it's brought some nice cooler weather! That means that I've been doing more knitting. I've been working on these socks for B since we came home from vacation. I have worked on other things, too, but school for the boys started a week after we got home and I spent a ton of time getting all of squared away. Then I found out I was teaching a different class (not bad, but more work) and so then I was extremely busy with all of that. So, I was busy, busy, busy.

This weekend though has been nice. No soccer games on holiday weekends (in the spring, we don't play on Mother's Day either), so we were able to kick back and hang out. Well, not really. L had a birthday party to attend on Saturday and I decided to stay with him(I don't like springing his enzymes on unsuspecting parents) so I was able to do quite a lot on B's socks. On Sunday, Berea had their "parade of churches", so the boys and I went with B. It's a nice event. All of the churches get along and socialize with each other (with two exceptions) and everyone winds up sharing each other's goodies/freebies etc. L is a champion moocher and will get something from everyone. His big blue eyes, blonde hair, and tiny self makes a lot of people melt. He loves this event. But Monday, we did hang out at home. Sure, I made the boys labor (they had to clean up the lower level), and I did a mountain of laundry, but otherwise we slept later and hung out at home. I had plenty of time to finish the toes of B's socks.

These socks are easy, easy. I knit them from Trekking XXL (I bought 2 skeins, hoping that I can make B and both boys socks from it) in colorway 104. I think of them as Pawleys Island colors.

These socks were knit in 2X2 rib on the leg, with a short row heel (this is my second pair with a short row heel--I really like the look of it) and a plain stockinette foot. I used size 1 needles (2.25 mm). They would have been knit faster, but I was busy during this time period. I am going to knit a pair for M next with this yarn. Hopefully, there will be enough to knit a pair for L after that. L has small feet, so I'm not too worried.

I should finish the toe on the kilt hose (that really long green sock tonight. I finished the foot last night after I finished B's socks. I will feel better once that pair is finished, because it is for someone else and I feel that they are taking a loooooooong time. It was hot though, so it was hard to work on them.

So here we have it--a post with pictures. And better yet, no brain shaped meatloaf to be found!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love that colorway! Must put it at number 1 on my to-buy list.

I have to admit, every time I read your blog now I have a craving for meatloaf... *grin*

Kate said...

Mmmm, meatloaf! It's one things that the boys love to eat, and that was easy to convert to gluten free.

This colorway is absolutely gorgeous. I've started the first sock for M today at school during my 3.5 hour break, so I might be tired of it by then, but it still makes me happy. You should definitely get some. : )

Unknown said...

OH! I love these socks!!!! so pretty!