26 September 2006

Half and Half

Today has been one of those kind of days. Some of it has been really great, while other parts are not so much fun. The great things in my mind have outweighed the bad things, but one of those bad things will start looming in my mind in a little while.

One of the bad things is the stupid insurance company (I'm not naming names, because they all do the most ridiculous things). They have denied payment to the ER doctor who took care of M when he broke his wrist. Why, you may be asking. They have decided (with no supporting documentation, whatsoever) that M's broken wrist was the result of a motor vehicle accident. The type of break he sustained is 99% of the time caused by a child falling and catching himself and breaking the wrist. I have called them at least 4 times because they have denied payment to the hospital, the orthopedist, the orthopedist on the follow up visit (?!), and the ER doctor. The last time, the poor customer service person flagged the account and swore that all of the bills would be paid. I guess she missed one. : ( I'm siccing B on them this time.

The other one is that I made the appointment for L's preop doctor's appointment for his annual bone marrow aspiration and biopsy. It's coming and we still haven't finished paying off last year's.

My students are grumbling about the next exam. It's never to early to complain!

The good outweighs the bad. It doesn't always, but it certainly did today. Actually, most of the time it does.

First, B let me sleep in this morning. I didn't wake up (well, get out of bed) until 8:00 this morning. Lovely! I really needed it, because we've been short on sleep around here. There are so many things we must do, and sleep gets shorted. Adding to that, I don't sleep well anyway, and haven't for awhile. I'm just always tired. But not today!

Second, the weather is still clear enough that I was able to ride my bicycle after I came home from teaching. 15 miles in 56 minutes. This means my average speed on my "hilly" route is now 15.9 mph. Yeah! Being able to exercise and spend time outside always makes me happy.

Third, today secret pals were assigned. It's fun to make a package of things for someone else, and it's always fun to receive surprise packages in the mail. My downstream pal seems like an interesting person. My upstream has an interesting sense of humor. This is good, because my sense of humor is also, ahem, interesting.

Oh, and I will be finally receiving my first paycheck in 3 days! Yes, I do eventually get paid. We plan on splurging on dinner.

No comments: