30 September 2006

Less Rain

so we managed to have both boys' soccer games. Hurray! L's team lost, big time, but on the bright side, L managed to play and get up every time he was knocked down. I'm really proud of him--he usually wants me to pull him out of the game when he falls down, but not today.

M's game was also a blow out, but M's team was the one scoring all the goals. They won 7 to 0. M, who is usually a fullback, played offense for a little while and scored a goal! He hasn't scored a goal since he was in U7, so this was huge. I've never seen him so excited. He truly loves to play, and I'm glad that he is able to do so. On the not so bright side, it was cold and rainy, but, we still were able to see him play.

I finally was paid. It makes paying bills much more comfortable.

I have finished both heels on M's socks. On to the feet.

I have also finished the fold-over cuff on the second kilt stocking. I really do like that pattern.

While I'm on Fall Break, I'm going to knit a pair of children's socks (probably for a girl) for the SDS Tea/Silent Auction. I don't think that I'll have time to do much else for it, but I'll be sending at least the baby sweater and a pair of socks.

Don't expect to hear from me until Friday. This week will be crazy busy--Monday is a lab practical day, Thursday is more tests, and I'll be spending the week grading lab notebooks. Yeehaw. However, in only 7 more days, I'll be on Fall Break. I really hope that I get to sleep in a few times.

No comments: