04 August 2006

Vacation Knitting

I couldn't write about the puppy (not vacation related) and the knitting I finished while on vacation. Most people who read here don't care about the knitting anyway. If they do care, they just look at the pictures.

The sweater to the left I started in the car on the way to Pawleys. It was finished by the time we made it to Columbia, SC. It is the 5 Hour Baby Sweater, but it took me longer than five hours. I still need to get it ribbons for ties, but it is pretty much completed. (NO, I am not expecting a girl, boy, or alien. This is for either the SDS tea silent auction or for friends at church who are expecting a girl in December.) It took 4 oz of yarn. I used Caron Simply Soft (100% acrylic) in Embroidery Print. I wanted this sweater to be machine washable and easy care, because I remember how much the boys spit up all over their clothes.

I also finished the Badcaul socks. The patterns and yarn were a gift from my superior secret pal. I did not even try to make them identical twins, but went with the flow. These are my first toe up socks, my first short row heels, and I got tired of using the cable needle so my first cabling without a cable needle too. I really learned a lot with these socks. (Big Thanks to you, Secret Pal!)

I also knit on the kilt hose (I have two decreases left on the calf shaping) and some on the shawl. In the car on the way to Gatlinburg, I knitted on a pair of socks for B (no pictures yet) from Trekking yarn. I hope that I bought enough yarn to make all three of the male humans "matching" socks.

I also bought yarn, but no pictures of that, either.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Goregous sweater and socks--I love them both!!!!!! I wish I could knit.