08 August 2006

No knitting for you!

At least, that's what it seems that Maisie is saying. If I pick up yarn and knitting needles, she comes right over to me. She is trying to jump up on my lap, but so far can't quite do it. She kidnaps my yarn, see?Maisie apparently likes wool yarns best. I suppose that is the border collie part of her. All yarn that she steals and her toys must be in a pile together. It's really funny to see this 4.5 pound puppy dragging things that are as big as she is to the proper herd. She has an upstairs herd and a downstairs herd.

I have gotten a little bit done. I've cast on finally for B's sweater, I'm down to two decreases left on the leg of the Scottische Kilt hose sock, and I've been knitting the first of the All the Boys socks. The socks are pretty. I'm just hoping that I don't get too bored after making them, as the boys also expect to get a pair each. This pair is for B. I've started making socks at the same time, because I keep winding up with socks that are slightly different sizes lately. I've been a bit tense, you know.

I'm still working on the wrap, but it's boring. I'll be dragging it with me when I start school. I don't know if I'll be tutoring again this semester, but that's a great time to get boring knitting done. It's worked really well, so far. I finished a sweater for me, one for M, and various other stockinette projects. L wants a new hoodie sweater this fall, but I really want to finish the gigantic wrap first.

This is the other sock yarn I bought in SC. I'm saving it for later, after I finish up a couple of projects. It's weird, but of the four things I'm knitting (too many projects for me!) none are actually something for me. I refuse to start something for me right now, though. I have some self-control.

It's still really hot here. I haven't been able to bike much because of the heat. I did ride to the post office though.

And, the most important thing is that school is only 8 days away. A good thing, as M and L may either kill each other or drive me crazy if they don't go soon. (So, how many times can you tell children, "Stop touching him!" before you can only say that?)

No comments: