11 November 2006

Baby stuff

Baby sweaters are great to knit! You finish them so quickly. I knit these sweaters for two different couples at church. One has just had a little girl, the other will be next month. Since I don't usually get to knit things for little girls, I took this opportunity to knit some very girly things.

The yellow and white cotton sweater is the Heartbreakingly Cute Baby Kimono from Mason Dixon Knitting. I made it with the eyelet edges in garter stitch. I cast on Tuesday evening and finished the knitting last night. I didn't spend tons of time knitting it, but I did take it and knit a bit at school. I needed ribbon for the ties, so I wasn't able to finish it up until this morning. Isn't it just precious? It was knit using Peaches-n-Cream dishcloth cotton, so it's nice and washable, too.

The other sweater I knit a while ago. It's the 5 hour baby sweater. It took me longer than five hours, but it's still a fast knit. I think that I finished one on the way down to Pawley's Island (I knit two--one is going to the silent auction of the SDS tea). Not too bad a use of car time.

Now I can get back to working on B's sweater and P's kilt hose. I am almost ready to turn the stocking inside out. I've made it more portable by copying the pattern so I can carry it around with me. Maybe I'll finish it by December. Who knows?

2 comments:

OLPP said...

Kate, those are lovely sweaters!

You all are on my mind.
-Kathy

Kate said...

Thanks Kathy!

Both mothers really liked their sweaters. I hope that they can get lots of use from them!

Thanks for thinking of us. I really appreciate it.