05 March 2008

Socks!

I finished a pair for me!

Started: February 20, 2008
Finished: March 6, 2008 (all of 15 days)
Pattern: Dublin Bay by Ryan Morrissey
Yarn: 2 skeins of Wildfoote Luxury Sock Yarn, Handpaint in Ragtime colorway
Needles: size 1 dpns (I used five), but I probably should have used size 0s. I guess I'll need some.

These were fun to knit. It's a really easy pattern, and the lace panel is simple enough that it doesn't compete with the variegation in the yarn. They are a bit too big, though. I went down to 64 stitches for the foot, so the foot's fine, but apparently I knit loosely. The leg is kind of baggy. I only got 8 stitches to the inch rather than 9.5, and I didn't check gauge, so it's my own darn fault. I'd rather have baggy than to tight, any day!They are happily drying upstairs on my handy dandy blocking rack/dog crate as we speak. I won't get to wear them tomorrow, but they'll be ready soon.

1 comment:

LC said...

Very pretty! I don't know why, but I've tried that pattern THREE times and it just kicked my butt. Maybe I should give it a go again!