19 January 2009

Confection Knitting

I've started knitting a lace scarf. If it turns out good enough, I'm going to donate it to the scholarship auction.

It reminds me of cotton candy (no, I have no idea why) and I've started referring to it as the Confection. It won't keep you warm and it's not useful, but it will be quite pretty and colorful.
I steam blocked it some to have a better idea of what it would look like once it's finished. I'll definitely severely block this and pin it out. I have no idea if I will think it is good enough for sending it.

Right now, it's about 21 inches long. I think that it will need to be at least 48. I'm knitting it from Shimmer yarn (a discontinued colorway) using size 3 (US) needles. I'm using the fern lace stitch. I've memorized the pattern, so it is going quite rapidly.

If I'm going to keep knitting lace, I will NEED blocking wires. Um, yeah, especially since I've decided to knit a lace panel for my dining room window. No, really. I even bought the lace weight cotton for it ($5 at a moving to new digs sale).

No comments: