03 January 2009

New Year Knitting

Because it was doing this:I knit another one of these:I shoveled snow and got soaked. Hat, mittens, and pants. I need more hats. (I'll wear them for activities such as that or for walking around down town or something. ) I need more mittens, too.

I still hate the way I look in hats. That's why there isn't a picture of my face. I always think maybe this one'll be better, but no. I still think I look stupid. This one's a little big, but that's probably okay. I haven't blocked it yet. This view shows the hat better, anyway.

At least it's cheerful. (Wiz took the hat on head picture.)
Info:
Needles: Size 7 dpns.
Yarn: KnitPicks Merino Style (yellow, pink, and green)
Basic pattern: I cast on 100 stitches. I made a picot hem, carried the yellow so I didn't have a million ends to weave in. It's about 6.5 inches before the decreases. I have a smallish head.
****************
Other stuff on the needles:
  • A pair of socks with red/orange/brown/tan/black stripes (both cuffs done, working on leg now)
  • A pair of blue/green socks. (Knitting the foot of the first sock. These are the socks that I've been carrying around and taking to doctor's appointments and so on.)
  • A baby blanket for a friend who is having her fourth boy.
  • A shawl that I started an age ago that I need to decide if I want to frog it, or finish it. I find the knitting boring, so frogging is probably what I'll be doing.




1 comment:

Mimi said...

I love the colors in the hat.