01 January 2009

Happy New Year!

I don't make resolutions, but I do have a few goals for this year.

  • I am going to train for 5Ks. I may not actually run in a race, but I will be running 5Ks by December (outside, not on just the treadmill).
  • I am going to train for a century. Every year I attempt this I have had injuries or we've done other things (like move to Washington from Kentucky).
  • I am going to do more yoga (at least 2 times a week) because it feels good on my none-too-happy joints.
  • I am going to knit a sweater for each member of my family (just the ones who live with me) this year.
  • I am going to knit a sweater for me, too.
  • I am going to work on getting a teaching certification for Washington State.
  • I am going to finish setting up a space for just me.
The space I am referring to was a closet. It's a big closet, but it was a closet. It's partially set up for me, but I'd like to do a few things still. I need a table or a desk so that I can set up the sewing machine in there, and I want to paint it a different color. But this is what I have so far:

The "desk" is a piece of shelf over two cabinets. It'll do for now, but I truly want a desk/table so that I can sew in there. I need a wider surface for that. It works well as a computer desk though. The walls look like someone spilled motor oil down them. I have no idea what that

I need a place where I can work when the boys are home. It is also a place to work on projects that I don't want to be seen until they are finished, too. Eventually. This might be the first room of my own, ever. At 38 years old, I might have my own room.

No comments: