16 April 2008

Airplanes = Good For Knitting

One thing about long air trips is that there's plenty of time to knit or do other things (like read or do crossword puzzles).

I finished my sweaterless sleeves!I'm going to wash them before I wear them, but they fit from my bicep to my wrists. They should be perfect for the chilly mornings.

Stats:
Yarn: Knit Picks Felici in Provence
Needles: Size 2 (US) dpns

I just cast on 64 stitches and knit in 2X2 rib for 15 inches, and bound off using a stretchy bind off. Really, really easy.

I also started a pair of socks for the Wiz. I finished one, and I'm nearly to the heel of the other. I knit much of the first sock on the way to Spokane. The second sock I started on the airplane from Seattle to Chicago, after I finished the first sock. I'll show you those when they are finished.

I still have one skein of the sweaterless sleeve yarn, but I'm not sure what to do with it. Maybe kid mittens.

No comments: