21 April 2008

Monday Mail

It's Monday, and it's a beautiful day. It's been a really good day.

I paid all the bills today, and we had money left! I managed to get the bills out to the mailbox just before the mailman came, too.

In the mail, came my package from my Spring Forward Secret Pal, Yours in Knit, on Knitty. She really paid attention to things that I like! She even sent some things for me to share. I have a box of girl scout cookies to share and coffee to share with The Collar. The best things are for knitting socks. I like to knit socks! YIK sent a skein of Socks that Rock which is a sock yarn I've never knit with before, two sets of size 0 dpns (I like to knit socks two at a time) and Nancy Bush's Knitting on the Road, which is full of sock patterns. Many of them are male-friendly too. :)

Here's a picture of the violas that are growing in my flower pot. Aren't they cheerful?

3 comments:

Amanda said...

What a great package!!

Knitting on the Road is a great book.

I hope you like the STR - it gets to be a bit of a "problem" once you try it, though. A very good problem. For your sock drawer, at any rate. :)

Enjoy!

Maggie said...

Happy Earth Day and Birthday, my awesome big sister! Hope you have a wonderful day with your boys!

Kate said...

I've been dying to try STR and I've really wanted the Knitting on the road book. I have plans!

Maggie, thanks for the birthday wishes. It's been a nice day, so far. I'll probably blog about it later. Right now, though, I need to get my rear to soccer practice.