09 May 2006

4 minutes, 1 second

That was my average speed per mile this morning on the bike. 13.5 seconds faster, and I would have made 15mph! How aggravating! (The ride stats: 13.55 miles, 54 min, 23 seconds, 14.9 mph.) What's nice about teaching in the afternoons, is that I can ride every day, if I so choose. I think that I will.

Other news: B is down in Sarasota at a conference for church growth. B's mother has graciously come down here to help me out so that I can teach and make a few extra bucks this week (L isn't exactly a good teaching assistant!). The best thing that she's done since she came down is that she cleaned our refrigerator for us. This is one of the best things that she could have done--I despise cleaning the refrigerator and so does B. Having Grandma here also helps with the I-miss-Daddy blues that the boys get whenever he isn't here.

Summer school started today, and I've already gotten articles from students. I could get used to the motivated students who want to get a degree in 18 months. Pretty cool.

Knitting: I have finished the sock that met the Yarn Harlot's sock and have cast on for the second sock. It's my traveling project and it fits nicely into my purse. It does require some thinking though.

I've also begun working on Highland Schottische Kilt Hose for my friend Pattie (another SDS mom). She sent me the yarn, I'm doing the knitting, and she sent me some beautiful handstamped cards (if you'd like to buy some, go to Cards for a Cure. All the proceeds go to SDS America for research grants.)

The third in the queue project is the T twist Tee from Knitty for me. I need some mindless knitting right now as I am just exhausted from last semester and getting ready for this semester. Once the boys are out of school, we can all sleep until seven am or so and we (B & I) won't be as tired.

That's a brief bit about what's happening here. I must go up and inform the boys that it's time to get ready so I can read more Gregor and the Curse of the Warmbloods. It's getting to be very exciting, you know!

No comments: