24 May 2006

Commuting by bicycle

Well, I have begun commuting part way by bicycle. It's actually working out pretty well. I just need to remember to take my inhaler, and eat before the ride. I get a little "shaky" if I don't. The ride in is easier than the ride back out. I think it's because there is more traffic on the way home and people are in a hurry. Why is there so much traffic at 3:00 pm? I'm making the trip in about 24 minutes (it's a 5.35 mile ride), so it's not even taking me much longer than driving the whole way.

I'm definitely saving on gas. I've made two trips into Lex and have only used a 1/4 tank of gas. It shows how much of my gasoline usage is to keep me going in the stop and go traffic. Between commuting partway and tutoring, all my gas money will be covered. Not too shabby.

Today I'm giving a test, and will probably finish up the second fancy silk sock (knit in cotton!) during that time. All I have left is the toe. Then I should start working on one of the unfinished projects I have around. I'd like to finish up that stupid baby blanket that I really, truly despise knitting. I don't want to quit on it, because it will be cute. But I'm not giving it to anyone I'll see because it really is awful.Maybe I'll be able to post pictures, later.

Edited to add: I finished the socks. Not quite during my class's test, but pretty close. Here is a picture that M took-->

and below is a closeup of the stitch pattern. I like them--they are really cheerful!

No comments: