22 May 2006

Summer Vacation

for the boys, anyway. I still have 4 weeks of summer school left, but really, that's not too bad!

The sun has come back out and it's already getting comfortably warm. Finally!

Today I'm going to ride my bike from the bike shop to school. It will save money, keep me at a lower stress level, and be more fun than driving. Besides, the Dew hasn't been ridden since I got the new bike. I still like to ride the Dew, it just isn't quite so fast and the Dolce is better for training. It will be perfect for commuting. Isn't it pretty? The rear wheel is different from the front because of my wreck last year. I tacoed the wheel, and did a few other things which I won't mention here.

The boys are happier right now because the work I assigned them for today is now finished. I am mean. I made them clean their rooms. They look so much better, but now I have at least two loads of laundry (which I thought I finished yesterday) to do. Ah, that's what happens when you make them clean their rooms. They discover so much laundry we could clothe at least two more boys.

L is getting better, so maybe we will have a healthy spell for awhile.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love your latest knitting project/photos! Congratulations on the cleanup/laundry project as well. My husband seems to produce about twice as much laundry as I do--is it something about males? Fortunately, he manages to get almost all of it into the hamper on the first try.

Anonymous said...

Also meant to say I'm glad L is feeling better. :-)

Kate said...

Thanks! I haven't worn the sweater out in public yet (it's been just a tad chilly), but it really is comfortable.

I can't figure out how I can wash 3 loads of laundry and then turn around and find two more loads. Ick! I think that they all have more clothes than I do.

L is definitely better--but this latest illness probably means we are going to have to add IG therapy next winter. Sigh.