29 May 2006

Nice Day

Today has been a really nice day. All of us were able to be together most of the day. We slept in (and it wasn't because I was still sick, either!), and had a leisurely breakfast, and then headed over to church, so B could start working on getting the garden plot ready. It's not done yet (it became very hot, very fast), but a big chunk of it is finished. The boys played at the church playground and looked for bugs. L found a ladybug friend that we had to convince him to leave at the church. I went for a bike ride. A long ride, all by myself. Heavenly. This new route is my new favorite.

From church, it is 25.43 miles round trip and it's gentle hills, rather than the oh-my-goodness-
how-will-I-get-to-the top variety of hills I usually ride. It's along a creek and I ride down to the ferry. It's a nice spot to stop and watch the ferry, and I can wait till the cars get off so I can go a ways down the road before another batch come up behind me. I'm really pleased with this ride--I made it in 1 hour and 33 minutes, and averaged 16.4 miles per hour. My fastest ride yet! : )

Currently, the boys are outside playing in the sprinkler, which is watering our flower beds. I'm getting ready to vacuum upstairs (we're having a babysitter tomorrow) and after the boys finish in the sprinkler they have to pick up the downstairs. B is making sure the new portable DVD player works (the other one bit the dust), and the dogs are snoozing. We had DQ for lunch (everyone's favorite here) and we're having brats for dinner with watermelon for dessert. It's a great start to summer.

I hope that your Memorial Day weekend was as nice as ours has been!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You ate the kids for dinner!? Oh, wait--by "brats" you probably meant the sausages. [grin]