17 May 2006

Stuff and more stuff

No cycling this week--B's schedule is nuts and L is home for the summer. I have camp training on Saturday, so our first Saturday for ages without soccer will be busy anyway. Next week will be better (crosses fingers).

L went to the GI yesterday. He has gained about a pound or so (weight is now 15.8 kg or 34.75 pounds) but he grew 2 inches in the last 4 months. That's a HUGE amount for our younger son. He's jumped past the 10th percentile in height (he's still Mr. 3rd percentile for weight, but, oh well). Unfortunately, he has a nasty cough and if it doesn't get better we'll have to go in. I'd really like him not to have bronchitis again (this would be round #3 since January).

M had his last soccer game and it did not go well. Let's just say that some coaches don't get the idea of fair play, sportsmanship and illegal moves. The same can be said for some of the refs. That's all I am going to say, except that M was not one of the kid that was hurt. Luckily, he still loves soccer and wants to play again next year (and the year after and in middle school, and ...).

However, I finished up the T twist Tee on Saturday. I washed it on Sunday and blocked it. Today there was sun, so I had B take a few pictures of it. I knit it in KnitPicks Shine Worsted (Snapdragon) in the large size. I like it. (Pictures of me--not so much.) Here's the front view













and here's the back. It was nice to see the sun again.

1 comment:

Maggie said...

That looks fantastic. You really are talented, but then you knew that, right? ;)
I'm glad M wasn't disillusioned by the grown ups. And congrats to L for those 2inches! Enjoy the weather!