27 January 2007

January in Kentucky

Today was the last Saturday in January. We were going to use the gift certificate B's sister E and her husband F gave us for the movies to try and see Charlotte's Web (which is, of course, not showing here anyway), but I went outside at 10:00 am and discovered that it was warm. As in upper 50's, lower 60s warm. Yes, early spring like temperatures. We couldn't waste a day like that at the movies!

So we went down the highway to Indian Fort Theater and went hiking/geochaching. We hiked up to the East Pinnacle, which is pretty high up. All of us made it with no real problems, including L. He also kept up a running commentary about everything he saw. Of course, he saw quite a lot. Plants, rocks, dogs, trees, beautiful views (his words), the river, boats...

The hike is amazing. There are lots of overlooks (similar to the Gorge), which of course I won't go out and look because I do not like heights. At all. But the three boys did go out and look, and no one fell off. I did take a lot of pictures. We didn't find the cache at the top, but we did find the Consolation one. Actually, B did find the cache, he just couldn't get to it. (NO, I am not telling where it is.) There were lots of people out today too. It's nice to know that we aren't all lazy in this county.

Then we went home and I made homemade spring rolls. Yum. I'm leaving with my favorite shot of today.

4 comments:

Pat said...

sounds like a fun day!

Maggie said...

Now that is the way to spend a nice day. I'm so jealous.

Anonymous said...

I am sooooooooo jealous. You have no idea.

Kate said...

And today, it's 25 degrees outside and flurrying.

Aah, weather!