05 July 2008

a sad good bye



He just couldn't make the trip to Washington. :( This is one of the hardest things I've ever had to do.

Murfy was about 15 years old, as best as we could guess. We've had him 9 years. He has been around most of Game Boy's life and all of the Wiz's. He was the sweetest dog ever.

The trip to Northern Kentucky made him sick. He'd been spending most of his days lying on the bean bag growling to himself. Half the time, he'd refuse to go upstairs, and he hated being carried. He was blind, and we didn't think he could make the transition to a new house.

Murfy used to dance, and he smiled. He was very gentle with everyone. I don't think he ever snapped at anyone. He loved to be petted, but wasn't needy about it. He followed me from room to room, and kept me company.

He let me hold him on the way to the vet. The boys were able to say good bye. The Collar and I were with him as he went.

Good bye, Murfy! We love you. Our home will be less without you.

6 comments:

ZantiMissKnit said...

I'm so sorry. Murphy was well loved, and had a happy life.

darlene mcleod said...

Oh, puppies. I'm so very sorry that he wasn't able to stay with you even longer. What a good, long life he had, though! I'm very sorry for your family's loss.

Maggie said...

I'm so sorry, Kate. :(

Dorothy from Kansas said...

That is so sad. Our pets are like family members. I'm so sorry.

SuzannaBanana said...

It's hard, but you know when it's right. My girl wagged her tail and had a little squirrel-chase dream when she went under the sedation. I think it meant she was headed someplace good. Murfy's there, too.

Pat said...

I'm sorry, Kate. I know how much you will miss him.