I've been working on a project where the yarn has not been cooperating. It would tangle (even after it had been rewound, while I was working on the darn thing. Stitches would drop for no reason, and it was just completely obnoxious and unhappy with what I was doing. I don't know if it was just balky and stubborn, or if the project was wrong. I don't think it was the wrong pattern, because I won! The project is done, and I have a new pair of socks!Details:
Pattern: Child's French Sock from Knitting Vintage Socks
Yarn: Lorna's Laces Shepherd's Sock in Tahoe
Needles: US Size 1 (two pairs of dpns--I knit both socks at the same time, like usual)
Mods: I only knit 8 repeats on the leg and 7 on the foot. I added two rounds of stockinette before I began to work the toe.
The pattern was easy to memorize and I like the way it looks. The heel is pretty neat, as the diaper stitch is maintained through the back. I'll need to wear this pair of socks with clogs.
It was a fun pattern, but the yarn didn't seem to want to cooperate. I'm stubborn, though, and I did what I wanted, any way! My past secret pal LC sent me this yarn (and lots of other lovely yarn) and this is the first yarn I've gotten to knit up. I'll probably knit the "Cowboy" yarn up next, to make The Wiz some socks. He's out grown most of his (sniff! he only wore his socks for 3 YEARS!) and he is my most effusive victim, err, recipient.
The only active project I have right now is The Collar's sweater. I have cast on the right front piece (this is going to be finished and he will be wearing it by the time my car's paid off) so I must start something smaller too.
I suppose it should be for the SDA auction...